Thursday 19 May 2011

Maya - Mental Ray


Here I was trying to achieve the darker tone in the room. It is meant to be the other side of the room where ther is no window for light to hit through, so I figured the other side where no light can reach wil be darker 


These two rendered images ( top and bottom) I used spotlight for them to get the light going through the glass window look. I dont like the roundness of the light because it doesn't look organic and realistic. It looks like an average spotlight which I was not trying to achieve.





WHat I love about these images of the wardrobe are the shadows and the reflections on the glass on them. I think Mental Ray lighting is much better and far realistic than without it. In the other images ( older screen shots without mental ray) you could see reflection but it wasn't as smooth and soft as using mental ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment